Have you been preparing to tackle all the temptations thrown your way this Halloween season? Are you ready to be showered with waves of candy in all shapes and sizes, and manage to escape the pile of sweets without resorting to simply eating your way out? If so, please take the following quiz to see how you rank:
– Have you been opting for healthier options, when candy is present?
– Have you ever prepared for Halloween with a Candy Plan, often used to prevent yourself and your family from going overboard?
– Do you brush after eating sugary sweets, to prevent plaque buildup?
– Do you visit your dentist at least every six months for an oral exam and professional cleaning?
– Are you limiting yourself to sweets at mealtime, by skipping out on between-meal snack time?
– Do you dispose of any additional candy after the holiday, to prevent snacking on sugary sweets for weeks?
– Do you typically use cleaning products that are dentist-approved, or with an ADA Seal of Acceptance?
– Do you avoid highly acidic foods, such as sour candies?
– Do you avoid hard candies or sticky candies, due to an increased risk of tooth decay?
If you answered yes to all nine questions, congratulations! You are well on your way to being a Halloween hygiene superstar!
For more information, or to take a trip to see your local expert Halloween hygiene superheroes at Midlothian Dental Arts, please call to make an appointment at 804-419-5155, or visit us in Midlothian, Virginia.
From all of us, we wish you a safe, and ‘boo-tiful’ Halloween!