Mouthwash in different brands, sizes, and flavors line the aisles of the personal hygiene section at the grocery store, but how often do you think about the benefits that come with using mouthwash daily?
The list could go on forever, but here are some of the most important benefits in every mouthwash:
- Freshens breath – leaves you with that just-brushed feeling
- Removes and prevents plaque buildup – as the mouthwash gets into hard-to-reach spots, it saves your teeth from the plaque buildup and prevents more from developing in the future
- Prevents tooth decay – Mouthwash can be used as a preventative measure to keep teeth lasting as long as possible with the least damage possible
- Prevents gingivitis – Another preventative measure against gingivitis can be the use of this mouthwash
- Stops cavities from forming – Mouthwash can kill of cavities before they have time to start
There are two types of mouthwash:
1) Therapeutic mouthwashes help reduce bad breath, gingivitis, and plaque build up, and 2) Cosmetic mouthwashes don’t get to the root of the problem and just treat surface symptoms temporarily.
Mouthwash is a simple, yet powerful solution to prevent minor discrepancies in the mouth from turning into something bigger. Talk to your dentist today about which mouthwash is right for you.